Looking for an experienced Human Resources Officer, ideally with a background in healthcare. This job will require dedicated and organized approach. Human Resources Officer should work to empower the hospital staff and elevate the work conditions of the hospital. Position for Kenyan Nationals.
The Human Resources Manager will contribute towards achieving the organization’s strategic objectives and be in charge of all other HR functions including office administration services.
Building and Implementing HR Strategies
- Develop and implement the annual HR business plan derived from the overall Strategic Plan
- Provide human resource input and support to strategic planning and management process
- Provide advice on the most efficient and cost-effective methods of manpower sourcing
- Develop and implement staff motivation and retention initiatives to ensure staff are highly engaged while managing employee relations and grievance process
- Proactively plan for human resources and manage the recruitment and selection of staff
Recruiting and Onboarding
- Timely issuance of employment contracts to new employees and renewal of approved expired contracts
- Manages talent acquisition process, including sourcing, testing, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding
- Undertake periodic review of human resource policies and procedures and recommend necessary attention
- Create and/or update the compensation strategy through market analysis and pay surveys
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate performance management, appraisal processes, and career development activities
- Facilitate periodic job evaluation and training needs assessment to improve service delivery
- Deliver compensation and benefit comparison report to the executive team
- Come up with new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction
- At as liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations
- Manage the employee training programs and learning and development programs.
- Ensure effective management of grievance handling and disciplinary procedures
- Ensure company Mission & Vision are effectively communicated and adhered to
- Manage staff welfare programs which include staff pension, medical scheme and group insurance scheme
- Maintain up to date Human resource database
- Identify business needs and deliver HR initiatives as required
- Coordinate and supervise the administrative functions of the organization including security services, reception, administration staff, management of the office premises, facilities and all office equipment and property and ensure safety in the workplace and provision of working tools
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management or social sciences and/or Masters in relevant area.
- Higher Diploma in HRM
- An active Member of IHRM with a valid Practicing Certificate
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Able to manage a team of +65 and growing
- Conversant with relevant HR systems
- Conversant with Kenya labor laws and is able to translate them
- Experience of working in a hospital or similar environment is preferred
General Skills Desired
- Good communication skills i.e. written and verbal.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to think outside the box.